My Best Tips
Before learning how to speak French, find out how to Learn French!
On this page, you’ll find my best tips to learn the language fast. Don’t start learning the language of love before you read this…
I used these tips myself when I learned to speak German, Spanish and English. These tricks work! If you’re serious about learning French, implement these strategies. That’s my best advice on how to learn a foreign language.
Find out what’s YOUR learning profile
- In one hand, the teacher may consider the learner and the lesson objective to target the appropriate intelligences and make the lesson a success.
- In the other hand, the student may consider his own learning profile – his strengths or strongest memories- to use the methods and technologies that best accommodate his intelligences.
Read in French
● Subscribe to a Newsletter or Magazine.
● Read the newspapers online, such as Le Monde. Even if you don’t understand most of it, it’s worth trying.
And, after a few weeks you’ll be amazed at how much French you know and understand simply by using the context!
Immerse Yourself in French – and France!
● Replace your regular calendar by a French calendar. That’s a very efficient way to learn the numbers, dates and months.
● Listen to French (music, TV, movies, radio) and learn nursery rhymes to start off.
● Get your computer homepage to be a learning French website so that your language learning is always the first thing you see on your computer.
Learn French every day
It’s good practice to learn a little bit every day.
Working 15 minutes every day is much more beneficial to your language learning than a very long session once a week.
Make it short, effective and fun (flash cards, crossword)
Practice your speaking skills with someone
To learn how to speak a foreign language, you need to speak! If you’re alone, there are many ways to find someone happy to practice with you.
● You can easily find a Pen Pal friend online, or someone at your community college or university.
● Try to attend a local meet-up if you live in a big city.
● If you’re a geek, Second life is a 3D virtual world where users can socialize and communicate online.
Consider to Buy:
● A good English-French Dictionary.
● THE Bescherelle for quick and easy conjugation of all verbs.
● A learning program with native speakers and pictures – if you’re a geek, of course 😉
● A Workbook with grammar explanations.
Have A Great Tip to Learn French Efficiently?
Whether you learned French with audio CD’s, flashcards, Music, Videos, by dating French people… – We’d love to hear from your ideas!
Share your experience with us on how to learn French if you have any recommendation that could help others! Leave a reply below 🙂
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page…
Learn French with a Native Speaker
I live in Cajun Country, one of the only French speaking parts of the United States. As a result, I speak a little bit of the language and understand even …
Learn French by Reading Books
If you already know the basics of French, a great way to get really proficient is to read books. Learn French by reading books, and you’ll see! In the …
How to Learn French by Singing
My daughter knows how to learn French or any other language as she can speak 6 languages at the age of 20. Two of them, French and Spanish, she learned …
Watch French Movies
to Learn French Efficiently
A great way to learn French fast and efficiently is to watch French movies. Naturally, you will pick up on new words along the way as well as new expressions. …
Use Social Media to Learn French
I have spent a long time learning Spanish and I am about to start learning French. I will use Social Media to learn French as it worked for me when …